What information we collect and how?
The information that we collect via this website, in writing or by telephone may include:
- Any person's details that you type in and submit such as name, address, job title, e-mail address, date of birth, post code, lifestyle and other information required by us in connection with a service or the supply of an insurance policy. Data that allows us to remember you, any interests you have recorded and how you use this website. This saves you from re-keying information when you return to the site and allows us to arrange our website content to match your preferred interest.
- Your IP address (this is your computer's individual identification number for internet connection) that is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Your preferences and use of e-mail updates that are recorded by e-mails we send to you (only if you have opted to receive e-mail products and offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email-address you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the Site according to your interests.
- We may store the information indefinitely including the period after which any relationship has ceased for internal purposes such as quality control, regulatory record keeping or analysis. We will not release your information to non-affiliated parties but may release it to one or more of our affiliated companies, for reinsurance and/or record keeping purposes in the UK and USA or to companies performing marketing services on our behalf.
- If you give us information regarding another person, in doing so you are confirming that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them about First Title. You will need to advise any other person that we will hold this data in accordance with our regulatory record keeping requirements.
- We may be required to disclose information held to Government bodies or our regulator, but First Title are committed to only doing so under proper authority.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will use our best efforts to ensure that no unauthorised parties have access to any of your information. We restrict access to non-public data about you to those individuals and entities that need to know the information to be able to provide products and services to you.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by email, email@example.com or in writing to Risk and Compliance, First Title Insurance plc, Title House, 33-39 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1LT.
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the details given above, enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to First Title Insurance plc, to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request.
First Title and its affiliated companies or agents may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone and e-mail, or by other electronic means, about insurance products and services which may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed and used for these purposes if or when your policy has lapsed.
By providing us with your contact details, you are consenting to us contacting you for these purposes. However, should you wish not to receive this information, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from our contact lists used by us for the purposes of direct marketing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also provide you with great deals from our carefully selected partners.
Once again, should you wish not to receive information from our affiliated companies or agents, you can contact us at any time to have your details removed from our contact lists used by us for the purposes of direct marketing email@example.com.
A cookie is a text only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
One type of cookie is used on this website
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to customers' needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then data is removed from the system and overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you found useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than data you choose to share with us within your application.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data Protection and your Right to Complain
The Data Protection Act sets rules about the way we collect and use your information. If you have a complaint about the way in which First Title have handled your information and we have not rectified the matter to your satisfaction, you may make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, by going to the following website address; http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx or by calling 0303 123 1113..
Last revision date 27.11.2012