What we will do
First Title Insurance plc is committed to providing the highest standard of service to its customers. However, should you need to complain, we will do all we can to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly. The information provided here will show you:
- How to make a complaint
- How to contact the person who can help you
- What to do next if you are unhappy with the outcome
Our commitment to you
Should there ever be a time when you feel we have not delivered the customer service you would expect and we strive to achieve, we will do all we can to resolve your complaint quickly and fairly. The most efficient way to have your complaint dealt with is to follow the process below.
How you can complain
One way to complain is to phone us.
Please contact us on one of the telephone numbers noted below.
The staff member who receives your call will attempt to resolve your complaint at that point. If they cannot, or further investigation is required, we will contact you informing you of this within five working days.
If your complaint has not been resolved within four weeks of its receipt, we will contact you again to advise you of the reasons for this and what steps are to be taken.
We will issue you a final response letter explaining the results of our investigations and our decision, within 8 weeks of receipt of your initial complaint. Alternatively if more investigations are required we will write to you to explain why and advise of an anticipated resolution date.
Please use one of the numbers below dependent upon your area of complaint:
- Relating to a Residential policy: 0808 10 6789
- Relating to a Commercial policy: 0207 832 3100
- Relating to a Claim: 0845 371 1781
- Relating to a general matter: Risk and Compliance: 0208 315 1300
To e-mail us regarding a complaint, please use the following email addresses dependent upon your area of complaint.
- Complaints relating to Residential policies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints relating to Commercial policies: email@example.com
- Complaints relating to a claim: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints relating to a general matter: email@example.com
- When sending e-mails you should not include any personal, financial or other confidential details, as this method is not a secure way of delivering information.
Write to us
If you wish to write, please use the following address for all complaints:
First Title Insurance plc
Risk and Compliance
33-39 Elmfield Road
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If you are not satisfied with our decision, or if after 8 weeks you are unhappy with the time taken to resolve your complaint, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Please note that the Ombudsman will not consider your complaint until we have had the opportunity to resolve the matter directly with you. We will make every effort to ensure that all matters are resolved, and that both parties are satisfied with the conclusion.
Please be advised that if you want to refer your complaint to the FOS this must be done within 6 months from the date of our final response letter. The FOS contact details are as follows:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SR
Telephone: 0845 0801 800