As a residential or commercial property developer, you'll know the last thing you need is to have your build programme delayed by issues regarding title. Site acquisition can involve a number of different titles and can be a minefield of problems, most of which are expensive, time consuming and stressful to resolve.
However, you can now rely on our range of policies to overcome known and unknown title issues, enabling your sites to be developed and sold on or let quicker.
Cover can be arranged on a pre or post planning basis and options include:
- Our Known Risks policy will protect you and subsequent owners, against the risks that have been identified during title due diligence.
- Our Good Title comprehensively covers you against unknown risks such as fraud, forgery and boundary disputes, while you own the property.
- We can also protect you against risks such as judicial review and village greens and commons.
Our teams of expert underwriters, most of whom are legally qualified, are experienced in providing solutions for you and your advisers, to enable you to close problem deals on time, or indeed, at all.
Benefiting from the financial strength of our American parent company, we can provide the highest levels of underwriting capability in the UK. This allows us to consider your largest deals, without the need to co-insure so you will only have to meet our requirements rather than having to satisfy those of several insurers.
On your residential developments, where we have insured the site via our Good Title policy, we can help your plot sales and your buyers. That's because we can offer them a Home Owners Protection Policy, for a nominal premium. They will then have the peace of mind of knowing they are covered against any future title issues.
Please use the tabs on the right to read about how First Title Insurance can help with issues that you probably face every day.
Further Information and case studies:
- How to arrange cover...Click here
- Commercial Title Insurance...Read brochure
- Green Title...Read brochure
- Judicial Review Case Study...Read more
- Rights of Light Case Study...Read more
- HKRUK II v Heaney (2010) - Kevin Mills summary...Read more
- Don't let the lights go out on your development...Read more
- The glow that illuminates and the glare that obscures...Read more
- Village Green Case Study...Read more
- A Village Green by any other name?...Read more
- Portfolio Cover Case Study...Read more
- Ground Rents-Safe as Houses!!?...Read more
- Taking the stress out of distressed assets...Read more
- First Title Develops Approach to Facilitate Sale of Dawnay Day Portfolio...Read More